This site will guide you through the process of applying for street opening permits for your commercial aor residential project. From here you will have access to the same service and information as physically visiting us, but with increased efficiency and convenience. Have feed back or questons - let us know!
You can look up a permit by address, permit number, or contractor.
Need to pay the permit fee? You can pay electronically by check or credit card.
If the permit has not been issued you can make modifications to your application.
If you need more time to complete the work you can request an extension right here.
All done? Click here to begin the process of getting back your deposit.
For first timers here are some basics that can help you navigate the street opening permit process and expedite approval of your permit.
1. A street opening permit is required for any and all street opening work. Why do I need a permit?
2. A Dig Safely number is prerequisite for submitting an application. Contact NJ One Call
3. You may need police and or flag men onsite during construction
4. In addition to the permit and processing fees a refundable deposit or bond may be required
5. If impacting traffic you must conform to Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices guidelines.